1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

Inspiring books for the creative type


24.10.05

Steve Mack’s Spot Illustration

What really fascinates me about Steve Mack’s Spot Illustration is his natural-looking technique, surprisingly a complete digital (Adobe Illustrator based, 100%) process. He really doesn’t want to explain how he creates these great-looking illustrations:

...Truth is I am keeping kind of tight lipped about this. I devised a little program modification in Adobe Illustrator that lets me texture on the go, dynamically. That means I don’t have cross software versions of the same illustrations.

But you might find some clues in his website, together with fine examples of his artwork.

1 comment:

Catnapping said...

he does have a great style. i really liked his illustration for 'cold.'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes on design

... loading ...