1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

Inspiring books for the creative type


3.2.06

Chair (Illustration Friday)

This week’s theme at Illustration Friday is “chair” and this is what I’ve come up with. I was thinking a bit about electric chairs, chairs upside down, chairs full of stuff but finally I doodled this one.

I use this kind of drawing to experiment different techniques. I just have made a quick pencil drawing, then scanned it at 100dpi, traced it in Inkscape and finally had some fun adding colour and texture in The Gimp.

You can click the image to see a bigger version.

7 comments:

kaya said...

I like the impromtu aspect of this circus. This is what I wish my animals and I would do at home more often. Nice image.
P.S. I love Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends too!

Queen Tut said...

great, I like the flying cats and the balancing act!

Rose said...

I love this drawing! The texture is unusual.

Alina Chau said...

lovely illo!

The Unknown said...

Wee Hee! Fun!
love

sofia 3r said...

Good illustration.

neilornstein said...

exceptionally nice take on the theme. I wish I'd thought of it.
Regards, Neil

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes on design

... loading ...