1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

Inspiring books for the creative type


28.11.06

Invention

Click to see a bigger version
This is my take on the theme “Invention” for this week at Illustration Friday. (If you want to see a bigger image, click on the picture.)

And here is the pencil sketch for this illustration:


There are some differences with the final image. At first I envisioned a scientist in a white robe, quietly thinking in his office. I wanted to suggest a kind of university city in the background, as seen through a window, but then I decided to use a plain black background and treat the character in black and white too, so it is the invention what brings colour to the scene.

1 comment:

Alina Chau said...

Love your interpretation of the theme!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes on design

... loading ...