1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

Inspiring books for the creative type


11.12.06

Saturday evening by the sea


I painted this small acrylic on canvas on a plein-air painting event this summer: a quick painting contest by the sea in the Palma harbour. You had, if I remember well, two hours to complete the painting. I joined in with a friend to have some fun together, although I seldom paint real landscapes these days. This is actually an imaginary painting, with some hints of seaside, marine light and sails, but otherwise it is completely abstract. I’ve found that when I decide to paint or draw something that isn’t my usual stuff I let myself go and I end up enjoying it even more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes on design

... loading ...