1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

Inspiring books for the creative type


9.10.07

Open

A two-page spread from my journal with some thumbnail ideas for the theme of the week at Illustration Friday: “Open”.

I planned to take one of these sketches and develop it a bit, time depending...
Click on the image to see a bigger version.
I have used pencil, ink and soluble (watercolour) pencils. The notebook is a Moleskine sketchbook large, 13 x 21 cm (5 x 8¼").
This assortment of ideas include: open windows, open to the outside and the reverse, a maze, the welcoming open jar of marmalade to open the day, opening a new parcel of art supplies to open new art routes, open tubes, and a few open thoughts & thinking loops...

3 comments:

JRJ said...

I like seeing the sketch book & how you're brain was working out your ideas for Open! Nice to see the "raw" work sometimes rather than a finished product.

Danielle McDonald said...

I agree! I love seeing sketches and ideas - they often reveal more than finished art and can be more expressive. Thanks also for taking the time to comment on my blog.

Ujwala said...

what a lovely idea to scribble out your ideas before selecting one. and you've many nice ones sketched out.

i have spent a wonderful afternoon going through your posts in this and the gtd blog. i finally purchased the book 6 months ago but have yet to open it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes on design

... loading ...