1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

Inspiring books for the creative type


10.1.08

Mindstream (Etching)

This is a fairly complex composition. Seen from a distance, a few metres away, it resembles something geological, like rocks on a cliff. On a closer look, its a very crowded accumulation of small drawings, done more or less automatically, as a mind stream flowing freely. Etching on zinc plate, 23 x 16 centimetres (click the image to see some more details).
I left the plate on the acid bath for a little too long, because I wanted to have crisper lines. Anyway this is just a rushed first artist proof. Perhaps in the next prints, with more control of the inking I'll get finer lines as I envisioned.

2 comments:

doudy said...

This composition is really fantastic. Really love your Blog

Joan said...

Thanks for the kind words, doudy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes on design

... loading ...