1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

Inspiring books for the creative type


9.12.08

The 1000 Heads project

Here's a new daily image project, called 1000 Heads. It's based on human head images in my sketchbooks. They are filled with imaginary heads containing all the stuff one could possible think of.

Either as a warm-up exercise, to develop a new idea, or just to have fun for a while, I find myself making variations on the theme all the time.

A selection of these peculiar heads, after scanning and cleaning up, were vectorised and published at Typephases as a collection of dingbat fonts called Capsbats (a set of 3 fonts) and Entestats (3 more fonts.)

In this project I am going to post one of these heads every day, with some further modifications and usually paired with some quotation (be it related or not to the image.)

This collection of images is part self-entertainment, part concept visualization. I hope they are inspirational for you and make you think, hopefully sparking some new insight.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://www.infrared-sauna-spot.info

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes on design

... loading ...