1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

Inspiring books for the creative type


23.2.09

Cati Somolinos: te conté que...

A spanish artist from Asturias, northern Spain, who shares her travel sketchbooks and her delicate watercolours and drawings online. Small pieces of everyday life, quiet pieces of lansdscape.

I have run into her work recently, and it seems to be quite new (two months of posts), yet I've found it promising.

I have to ask her about the name of her blog, but apparently it should be the contraction of te conté que... (I told you that...)

I love her pastel sketches like the one I have included here. In another of the pages she transforms what must have been an ugly landscape, full of cranes and chimneys, into something else: poetic and dreamlike.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes on design

... loading ...