1000 Heads: the book

1000 heads, my illustration book

Inspiring books for the creative type


6.3.09

Watercolour playground

One of my illustrations in Flickr, click to visit my account and see all sizes.

Sometimes it's better to let the colours do as they please on the page.

This is a typical exercise I do quite often to loosen up: draw invented little people or faces directly with the brush. Some intricacies are good with the watercolour.


I've lifted this page from one of my sketchbooks.

5 comments:

bookbabie said...

I agree, that's the joy of painting, especially watercolor, great piece!

Lost Aussie said...

Lovely colours, beautifully done.

sarah said...

your 'sketches' are simply beautiful. i wish i had that command of the figure.

steve said...

really love this watercolor approach!

Ellis Nadler said...

i like the large head

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quotes on design

... loading ...